“Welcome to Taranis, Part 7: Elevon Mixing” (March 2014) by Mark Harrison
Tags: Elevon, model
This 5:30 minute video is the 7th in Mark’s series to get you up to speed on the Taranis as quickly as possible. In the video Mark demonstrates setting elevons on a model using the TX. Using the TX instead of Companion 9X proves beneficial as you are able to confirm your programming immediately with the model.
Elevon Information Theory
- Elevon / V-tail Mixing
- Elevon / V-tail Mixing Calculations
- Elevator back: elevens up
- Elevator forward: elevens down
- Aileron left: left elevon up, right elevon down
- Aileron right: right elevon up, left elevon down
- Mix the elevator stick on both channels. The value will be either 50% or -50%, depending on how your servos are set up. If the control surfaces move in the wrong direction, swap the sign.
- Mix the aileron stock on both channels. The multiplex parameter will be “add”, and the values will also be 50% or -50%.
Proper motion: when the stick moves left, the left control surface should raise and the right surface should lower. Vice versa for moving the stick right.
Ch 2 Ele 50%
+= Ail -50%
Ch 3 Ele -50%
+= Ail -50%