[NOTE THE LINK IS NOT THE NORMAL YOUTUBE SHARE LINK. YOUTUBE REPORTS THIS AS AN UNLISTED VIDEO – WHATEVER THAT MEANS.
In this video he adds a 6 position switch to the top of the radio, installing it as S3, calibrates it then sets it up using a curve to control the six flight modes on an APM or PixHawk flight controller in Mission Planner. Adding the 6 position switch to S3 is only available on the TARANIS Plus model – if you have a standard Taranis then you need to replace S1 or S2.
The magic numbers for the 6 position curve you need to create and assign to the control using S3 are: -90%, -40%, -20%, 10%, 40%, 80%
If you want to know more about the cordless iron I use in the video you can visit https://www.iso-tip.com/products-page…
In this video I cover:
– Introduction (0:02)
– How to open the radio (1:53)
– Installing the switch into the radio (3:38)
– Wiring the switch up to the control board (5:20)
– Setting up the switch on the radio and calibrating (8:57)
– Demo of it controlling 6 modes on a PixHawk in Mission Planner (10:54)
– The magic curve numbers (11:52)
– Creating the curve and adding it to the S3 switch on the inputs (13:53)
– Summary (16:32)
Tags: 6 position switch, Painless360